I'm stealing this idea for an entry from my friend Tiffany's blog...
Here's how it goes:
Regardless of how well you know me, (even if we have only 'met' online!) write comment on this entry with a "Remember when" moment you have about me. It could be about anything and does not have to be something big, just something...
I hope you'll play along--- I'm looking forward to seeing your comments!
P.S.- If you receive our blog via email, you'll have to visit the site at www.kulesfamily.blogspot.com to add a comment!
19 comments:
Remember when...you lied to the hostess at P.F. Changs about having a reservation. Who could say no when you have a bunch of amputees with you! haha...such an unethical outing Mrs. Nancy Kules! Oh how we miss you guys! We'll have to go there again and lie about having reservations.
Remember when you bought a sewing machine, used it and then promptly returned it....ohhhh these are becoming very unethical...lol
Remember when we cried together quietly on February 2, 2005...
Remember when you helped me make fun of a certain someones girlfriend who just happened to be good at EVERYTHING....
Remember when....gosh I have to many to share...I better let someone else have a go...
Miss you!
Love,
H
Okay Ashley & Heather... this is supposed to be a sweet, aww, kinda moment- not bash Nancy for being unethical time!!!! Geez! Just kidding! I'd buy and return a sewing machine, or tell a little fib to get a table sooner anytime!!! LOL- I love these memories... I wouldn't share my true personality/sneakyness with you guys if I didn't love ya! ;)
Nancy,
I just remember what a wonderful and decicated wife you were (& still are), not only were you by your husbands side supporting and "loving him well", you also kept up the Caringbridge site for all of us, kept in touch with notes and then once you went home and had Jillian, you just kept on being a great wife and then terrific mother to Jillian. Also, you are so creative and crafty with all you do, from photos to ribbons and bows to whatever you do.
I am impressed. You continue to amaze me.
Have a great day,
Kathy Catalanotto
I remember when you kayaked me through the jungle in Cancun, we swam through the limestone cave in Belize and broiled in the Keyes. I am so happy we made that cruise! Oh, and the taxi ride- flying past the police- wild- we did somehow get back to college on time...
which brings me to how you would bring me food in the atruim of the College of Education building when you saw me wilting.
and I remember when I came home from work and found three sewing machines set up with girls working diligently on quilts...
and I remember when you and Ryan stole the mom van and detailed it for Mothers Day!
There!
Remember when we crawled out your window and sat on your roof and talked the night away? LOL! We thought we were rebels fr sneaking out your window and sitting on your roof :)
Remember when we rolled a giant pumkin home home from that store down the street and then went back and stole more baby pumkins? You carved it and we Put it in front of your house?!!!
Remmber singing in Reno? Oh God remember BYE BYE BLACK BIRD OR STEAM HEAT?!! LOL!!!
Sorry I forgot to put my name above. xoxo
Kristen
okay- so far it appears that I am a little bit of a trouble maker. Haha...
Thank for the memories Kristen... I do remember that stuff HOWEVER, I am fairly confident that we "borrowed" the baby pumpkins. haha... ("I got..., Steeeeeam heaT")
Mom, I am SO glad we made the trip to Belize and also remember the movie theater/religious recruiting event we stumbled into & the tour guide guy that fell in love with us... Was his name Roy? Oh, and running around the deck frantically trying to get a signal on my cell phone in case Ryan was trying to call...
And Kathy, thanks so much for your sweet words and continuing support. I can't tell you how much we appreciate it...
:) Nancy
Remember our nursing parties....
remember texting over and over again and then just finally calling....
remember sharing thoughts on great bra's while the guys were in Iraq...
remember when you were my secret sis and all the gifts were for the boys ;0)
I can't wait to make a lot more with ya...you're a great friend....
Ahhhh...there's your mush moment.
Love ya,
H
I remember when we first met. You came to the house brought us a cute little pitcher & glasses as a wedding gift... thank-you by the way. And then when Ryan was on leave you all came by again and we has a poker game all night! I loved getting to know your family more & more too. Love ya tons.
I remember when you embarrassed me on the Pomeroy playground by kicking the foursquare ball that I was sitting on out from under me... just the beginning of Nancy bullying her older sister ;)
I remember when we use to play house in the pine tree on Palomino and we would haul up our baby dolls and provisions with an impromptu pulley system...
I remember when I got a camcorder for my bday and we made that awesome video about how, "sometimes you just fall into the trees." We thought it was the best thing we've ever seen.
I remember how our parents actually encouraged playing on the roof and Dad actually made us a zip line for more exciting dismounts.
I remember wishing that I was an only child! Thankfully that wasn't the case and I remember when I realized that I had the best sister any girl could ever ask for! Love you :)
Remember when...we would sneak out in the middle of the night for slurpees at 7-11 and shopping at Wal-Mart!! We really thought we were getting away with something!!
Or when we were driving from Kansas to Arizona and planned our stops based on the kind of food we wanted...loaded nachos, but instead of chips, could we please have french fries?? or the Indian tacos that we stopped three different places to find, only to find out that the term "Indian tacos" were politically incorrect and that they were called fried tacos!! Indian or fried, they were scrumptious! Love you so much!!
I remember when...we were sitting in the pool at Summit's Water Day and we discovered our left hands had matching accessories! Our wedding rings were identical and so were the bracelets we wore every day! Too fun! And, I remember when you announced you were pregnant with Jillian, I was so excited for you! You are such a wonderful mommy and friend! Thank you!
Do you remember when tony made Jillian throw up on purpose.
Ha-Ha
Thanks for the mush moment Heather... I feel a little less like everyone's "rebel friend" now... ;)
Meg- you're welcome. ;) I wish we were closer by so we could have another poker night (and perhaps some wings at the Vine!) RIGHT NOW!!!
Mar- of course I remember the second story of our house... such an open floor plan we had up there... and fresh air... I DON'T remember kicking the ball from under you, but I DO remember running up to you in the cafeteria saying, "Hi Mar-Mar!!!" and starting that for all of your friends to tease you about... The video you mentioned was and still is my most awesome camera performance. We're gonna have to see if Jillian can top the cinematic genius of that sometime... And, (Gasp!) I NEVER wanted to be an only child!!! Why would I want that when you were around to showcase what an easy going, wonderful daughter I was?! haha... ;)
Heidi- I was totally thinking you would bring up running to the ice cream truck with no pants on under our long T-shirts, but the Wal-Mart trips were classic... Do you remember that we would wear the most horrible outfits (mostly pajamas and such) that we could come up with for our middle of the night trips? And, of course I remember our food planned drive from KS... wait a minute... aren't most trips planned completely by food??? Is that just our family?!? I also remember when you came to help us paint the house in Ogden, and we ate steak on the ground in my "dining room" followed (a few month later) by cleaning out my freezer of ice cream sandwiches after the guys deployed. Hey- they were going to go to waste!!! :)
Amanda- I can't imagine a better person to be left handed twins with! Also, matching husband's (Ryan) too funny. I also remember when we were on the playground and Melissa knew you were pregnant but I didn't. I totally guessed it, and when I smiled at you about why you 'might need a bigger house' you played coy with me... Good thing that belly popped out (overnight!) so you had to share your secret with everyone!!!
And, Marlyn- I totally remember that. I think he was just trying to make his baby look tough and prove that blonde/blue eyed babies can't handle their spice. Good one Tony- torture the 11 month old... real sweet. (That's why we don't hang out with you guys anymore...) hehehe.... (Read this to Tony WITHOUT the hehehe at the end!) :)
I remember in classes at ASU you used to tease me about a certain male interpreter that followed our classes around to interpret for a hearing impaired girl in our teaching program...somehow you got the idea that he had a crush on me and you used to sign dirty things to me in sign language in class, lol!
I also remember going to yours and Ryan's vow renewals and almost left early but you convinced me to stay just a little bit longer for a "surprise." So I stayed and then you guys announced that you were pregnant with Jillian :) And I was so glad that you had convinced me stay just a little bit longer :)
Love you! :)
I was just repeating the dirty things that HE was already saying Tiffany!!! LOL... Ahh... I miss our ASU Edu days... I'm so glad you were there when we announced that Jilli-bean was on the way--- Jeez! That seems like so long ago now. xox
Nancy,
You might remember me from Osceoloa. I am Rob's uncle Pete Bell. I am the tall, ugly, old guy with the motorcycle vest. I also belong to the American Legion Riders (Omaha - Post 1) and we are trying to put something together for the Yllescas girls. I am not at liberty to tell you what it is at this time. The Post has several things they are working on and it is too early to discuss what could happen. Would you please call me at 402 297-1000 (my cell) as soon as possible?
Also, could you PLEASE not discuss this with anyone with the exception of Ryan. I've told my Post commander that I will do my best to minimize the number of people who know of it.
It was not easy contacting you. I had deleted the email you sent after we sent photos of Rob.
Pete Bell
Nebraska City
plbell@windstream.net
402 297-1000
Post a Comment