Monday, March 7, 2011

You're invited...

to a pity party, for me.


and, as I'm posting this 'invitation'  I'm already over it because I happen to think I'm just about the luckiest most fortunate and blessed girl in the whole darn world.

But.

5 minutes ago, I kinda wanted to lay my head down on the counter and cry.


  • We're spending all our savings to renovate a house, and not recouping any of it in the sale of the other one because of a market that totally stinks.  Which, is a big blow to the ego (especially since we spent so much $ and so many people helped us make this property so beautiful.)  
  • Our realtor for the sale of this house is AMAZING and sweetly just reminded me that the sign is going into the yard today, and typically an hour notice for a showing should be expected. Gah.
  • I have spent my entire day typing up bullets for all the features we've added in this home and it's kinda making me a little sick to focus on everything about our home that is amazing. -sigh-
  • Liv spilled goldfish all over the floor.  Twice.
  • Jillian saw me looking a little stressed and called me, "a really nice Mommy, okay?"
  • Third spill.  LIV!  Honestly?
  • Diaper needs to be changed
  • House with unsupervised children gets messy very quickly.
  • I wanted to make a PB&J to eat and got up to make it.  Opened the fridge and stared for probably 30 seconds before I figured out why I was there.
  • I'm about 6.5 months pregnant and while I'm thrilled about that, it's making it a little harder for me to go go go the way I want to.
  • Crap.  I forgot to make that PB&J.
  • Ryan just left for a meeting in DC and is not going to be home for dinner.
  • I have 1000000 other things to do other than typing on this blog, BUT.  In all honesty?  I want to look back at how I was feeling during the oh-so-beautiful spring of 2011 and laugh.  How quickly all this will pass and how much I'm looking forward to sitting back and enjoying all that's ahead of us!
P.S.- She's gonna KILL me if she reads this, but does it make me a bad person that I feel better because when I talked to our realtor this morning around 11 she told me she got the kids out the door for school, sat down at the computer to work on our house stuff, and hadn't gotten a chance to brush her teeth yet?!  Yup. My teeth were brushed.  Woo Hoo!  One point for Nancy in the game of life.  Then again, my kids did basically eat nothing but goldfish for lunch so....  -wink-

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel better, I got half way into DC the other day for a meeting and realized that I hadn't brushed my teeth...and, no, I did not turn around... :)

everyone deserves a woe-is-me moment!

Meredith

Household6 said...

Yesterday all mine basically ate was chex mix....totally understand!

Anonymous said...

got to ask? if u love the house u have now so much, why r u moving? need extra space for evan? good luck with what ur going thru... i moved when my 2nd was 3 months, to a new house, new city and new job. it was not fun. i'm still recuperating and that was almost 3 yrs ago. good luck with everything!

Nancy said...

More room, better public schools... a bunch of reasons, but it does not make it any easier!!!

Anonymous said...

You are completely amazing, Nancy. Much love to you.