Thursday, September 8, 2011

Liv's birthday party... x3!

Sweet Liv turned two on August 20th.    and.... August 28th, AND September 4th.  lol  Why?

Because:

  • on the 20th I was in California celebrating the marriage of one of my best friends and although I was sad to miss Liv's official birthday, I'm happy to share this date with an amazing couple and happy I'll never forget their anniversary!  So, celebration #1- ice cream with Daddy and Jillian and out to dinner!
  • on the 28th we had a lunch planned for a big group of people, and then hurricane Irene changed things a bit- the restaurant we chose lost power and so we called it off.  Celebration #2- Some friends of ours near our new house didn't want to leave the birthday girl stranded without a celebration so I ran to the only open supermarket I could find, grabbed some ready made subs, a cake, and some sherbet ice cream and had a little party at their house.  Since we have 3 kids, and they have 4 it was basically a full on party.  haha!
  • on the 4th we re-invited all of our friends to lunch and although we had a smaller group due to the holiday weekend, it was a great time and most important- Liv loved it!


At our friends house:

Liv's favorite part of any celebration- ice cream:

Posing behind her cake:

Opening a present from our sweet friends:

It's my party and I'll pout if I want to:

Take 2 on our lunch out- I made a brownie "cake" instead of cupcakes because it occurred to me (after celebration #1) that Liv does not really care for cake.  I asked her if she would rather have cupcakes or brownies and she said, "BNEEEES!" so, brownies it is:

Here's Ryan standing at the register waiting to treat our friends to lunch:

Here's a shot where you can see most of the kids.  The table in the middle is 6 highchairs.  Aw.  All the kids really enjoyed their food and looked so cute sitting under all the balloons:

More kids:

Liv eating her favorite BBQ, smoked turkey:

Getting ready to sing to the birthday girl:


Some help blowing out the candles:

Ryan and I:

Daddy, Mommy & the birthday girl:

Our whole family:

The birthday girl with her favorite treat:

At home after a nap enjoying some present opening:

That's it!  Liv's birthday is officially celebrated!

To see more photos, click HERE!

Nancy

2 comments:

Abby said...

I love the pics of your sweet girl Liv, but I am DYING to see house pics! Let's see what you've been working on! :)

Tiffany said...

what a lucky little 2 year old to get to celebrate her birthday 3 times!!! Looks like fun! And I must comment on adorable sleeping Evan's super cute outfit in the family photo! See, I told you boys can be fun to dress too! ;) Happy Birthday, Liv! xoxo