On Friday, I went back because Liv seemed a little worse, and we would rather be safe than sorry. Since the weekend was approaching our Dr. went ahead and gave us a breathing treatment to bring home in case she needed it. We've only done it twice, and as long as you sing/clap the entire time, she takes it like a champ.
Just had to share this photo of her with her little baby breathing mask on.... She kept her mouth open like that the whole time!
If you ever have to do this for your child, I strongly recommend the beanie- it keeps the little elastic from slipping!

7 comments:
Awwww.
This picture looks so sad. Bryson had RSV at 5 weeks and it was really scary, but he had it pretty good for a small baby. Just make sure you call right away if she is lethargic or not drinking good, because that indicates low oxygen levels or dehydration! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Spring is almost here!!! :)
Cute picture! My youngest son had RSVP at 3 months. He was really sick. At one point I was giving him breathing treatments every hour. They finally admitted him to the hospital. Glad to see Liv is doing well with it!!
Oh, Sweetie! I know exactly what its like to give hourly breathing treatments. Emily took them like a champ, too, but she would try to lick the droplets of medicine off the mask! Poor little Liv. Good thing she has such an awesome Mommy!
oh poor little Liv! :( But what a cute picture! ;)
Aww, little sweet baby angel! My nephew was a premie and his lungs were not fully developed when he was born so he had to take the monthly shots ($3000/shot) to prevent him from getting RSV for the first year of his life. Scary stuff RSV is. Glad to see Live takes her treatments well and that she is recovering. Precious pictures, Nancy. You should take up photography on the side as a professional!!
Hey Nancy, I just read your comment on my blog about Maddens clothes. I buy a lot of his stuff at Nordstrom Rack, Old Navy, TJ Maxx...I just always keep an eye out for good deals and sales. I also buy a lot at consignment stores, the trick is just to find a consignment store in an upscale area, because then all of their clothes are really nice brands and sometimes still have the tags attached and have never even been worn. There is a Once Upon A Child in a nice area here that I shop at a lot. But all the Once Upon A Childs I ever saw in Az were no good...so it just depends on the area. Your friend doesn't live in Az by any chance, does she? 'Cuz if so, the best baby consignment store EVER is there in scottsdale...every time I am in town, I go there and stock up because they have theBEST stuff for the BEST prices. (You should check it out too next time you are in Az) It's called Puddleduds and it is in Scottsdale, On Shea and Camelback. Doesn't look like much when you pull up to it, and its kinda hidden on a wierd little side street, but I swear that place is the best-kept secret of baby-clothese shopping ever!
Post a Comment