Saturday, May 1, 2010

Parent of the Year


Each night when Jillian brushes her teeth, she does it herself and then me or Ryan check them. Sometimes she even calls me, "Dentist Mommy" and I have her lay in my lap so I can get a really good look. (Side note... at very nearly 3, she's finally beginning to break her 2 year molars!).

Anyway... had to share this exchange between sweet Jillian and dentist Mommy last night:

Me: "Okay little girl, do you have an appointment with the dentist?"
Jillian: "Yes, I do!"
Me: "Climb on up so I can check you out."
Me: "Now, what have you been eating, little girl?"
Jillian: "Um... Regular cinnamon rolls, strawberry soda, candy, ice cream treat, apple cinnamon rolls..."

Me (to Ryan): "Oh. Wow. We Are Awesome."

I truly felt like an amazing mother because this list of items had indeed been ingested by my child all in the same day. Hey- she was sick for nearly 6 days and yesterday was the first day she was feeling better. I really wanted to make sure we tested out her tummy and digestion abilities right off the bat.

Really, it was the only responsible thing to do.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

LOL, hilarious!!!! :)